World Backup Day is approaching fast. Don’t forget to take the pledge to create a backup for your important data on 31st March 2018. This day is dedicated to create awareness about the importance of data backup. Campaigns are carried out to encourage the users to save a backup of their critical business/professional data as well as personal data. So, don’t be an April fool by not saving your data on March 31.
Before we move ahead, let us take a glimpse on the facts about data loss reported by few reputed research agencies.
- In every 53 seconds, a laptop is stolen.
- Every year, 25% of PC users lose their data.
- 140,000 hard drives crash every week in the US.
- 31% of PC users have lost their data because of things which were beyond their control.
- A simple drive recovery can be as costly as $7500, without any assurance of success.
- Each month, at least, one USB drive is lost at work.
- The most surprising data backup fact is that more than 90% of all business workstations are not backed up.
- More than 40% of small businesses do not back up their data on daily basis.
Do we need more reasons to save a backup of our crucial information, files, and data? Some experts suggest following the 3-2-1 method of data backup. It means that you should save at least three copies of your important data in at least two formats and at one offsite location.
How to Backup Your Data?
If you are doing a local backup, then purchase an external hard drive or a NAS device to back up your files to. After purchasing your backup device, plug it in your computer. Download backup software and install the software. Then follow the step by step instructions to backup your files to your external hard drive.
If you would like to securely backup online then use available cloud storage hosting providers like Dropbox or Onedrive or contact any cloud server backup storage solutions for business for a fee.
Today data is the lifeline for the existence of businesses, it is invaluable. If you fail to recover your data in time, the likeliness of losing your business is very high, and it can even lead to business going bankrupt. That sounds frightening, isn’t it? So this World Backup Day, save your business data in cloud backup solutions to ensure secured, scalable and reliable backup services.
Show some love to your data and learn about data backup solutions that will help you in choosing the best backup solution for your business.